MUST BE PRE_REGISTERED TO ATTEND
Tour Hours: 9:00AM-12:00PM
TOUR IS SOLD OUT
As the power sector’s infrastructure continues to age, and extreme weather and other factors put strain the system, properly testing these assets in near-to real life situations is critical.
Take a guided tour of the Electric Power Research Institute’s (EPRI) Charlotte Transmission and Substation laboratory to see this testing in action. The lab includes T&D equipment testing, sensor development, and unique research facilities for overhead and underground assets to help utilities and other energy stakeholders address grid reliability. One such demonstration test investigates the behavior of underground cables, another investigates performance of advanced overhead conductors at high temperature and under tension. During this tour, we will give you an up-close view of how this testing is done and an opportunity Q&A with an EPRI team member.
- 8:30am – Tour Check-in and bus loading - Convention Foyer
- 9:00am – Bus departs Sheraton for EPRI Charlotte Transmission and Substation Lab; 1300 West WT Harris Blvd. Charlotte, NC 28262
- 9:30am – EPRI rep to meet tour bus and welcome tour participants.
- 9:30am-11:15am – Facility Tour
- 11:15am – bus loading
- 11:45am – bus arrives at Sheraton Charlotte
South Tower, 555 S McDowell St
Charlotte NC 28204
Take a guided tour of the Electric Power Research Institute’s (EPRI) Charlotte Transmission and Substation laboratory to see this testing in action.