Portland General Electric (PGE) was impacted by the 2020 Labor Day wildfires, the largest such fires in modern Oregon history.
This session explores PGE’s immediate response and restoration efforts, while providing a deeper focus on the utility’s long-term recovery efforts with regard to vegetation management design and implementation to ensure future reliability and reduce the impacts of climate events, including fire, snow, ice and wind.
- Criticality of a long-term recovery plan from a vegetation management perspective
- Insights on rapid deployment of vegetation incident management team (IMT)
- Strategies for tree crew and forester onboarding and field deployment
- Key state and national relationships to ensure project success
- Operational insights on work layout, equipment used and techniques implemented to improve project pace, efficiency and crew safety
Alex Konopka, Manager, Vegetation Management
Portland General Electric